2021.10.18 07:19 bermudalily Looking for New Dawn PS4 Players for Co-Op Trophy
Title is self-explanatory. I'm trying to get the trophy for completing 3 expeditions with a partner. If anyone on PS4 is currently playing New Dawn and needs the trophy, or is just willing to help, I'd appreciate it greatly!
submitted by bermudalily to farcry [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 07:19 bottolf Exchange keeping my crypto for 3 months
I registered with the exchange eToro.com, transferred some funds and bought some BTC.
I then wanted to transfer to my wallet, and discovered eToro insists on keeping my crypto it grounds that I used a credit card to transfer funds.
Apparently that makes me a 'bronze' level which is why they have to make me wait two or three months before I can transfer my currency.
And get this, I cannot simply send it to my wallet. Apparently I need to transfer it to a special eToro wallet first.
So I want to ask here if any of this is reasonable? Because it feels wrong and it's a very different experience than Kraken.
They also hide the option to transfer crypto, I had to Google for it.
submitted by bottolf to CryptoCurrency [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 07:19 Trufflebooth Theo Kidd - Believers (Dayzer Remix) [Acoustic/Folk]
|submitted by Trufflebooth to RepublicOfMusic [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 07:19 blackwolf3133 [WTS] (PRICE DROP) MYOG fanny packs (4 oz)
2021.10.18 07:19 some_basicbitch Practicing Buddhism and walking on the Buddhist path in my daily life (alone, for a while)
I am in a city with no Buddhist teachers around, and till I move out I want to walk the Buddhist path alone based on books and online resources. Here’s what I plan to do in the order, please give suggestions and correct me wherever necessary.
2021.10.18 07:19 FlyingTurtle4790 I'm gonna go to sleep now. Here's a picture of femturtle to haunt your dreams. Goodnight!
2021.10.18 07:19 ChickenDragon123 My thoughts on everything I've read Thus Far
I want to start by saying that I greatly enjoy Mr. Barron's works and have the utmost respect for him as an author, to the point that I'll give anything he writes a shot. Not all of it will work for me but when it does, it sticks the landing and keeps me up at night. Part of that is due to how organic and disturbing the world feels. Nothing feels safe. It's like the literary equivilent of ooze. It's slimy, nasty, nearly impossible to get rid of, and kind of feels disgusting even if it's fun to play with. That said, there are a few things new readers should probably be warned of before jumping in, or else they will be in for a massive culture shock.
Firstly, Mr. Barron's prose can be impressively purple. In to worst cases, it can almost be called obtuse. Generally, the newer his work the less I've found it to be an issue, but it never goes away entirely. Part of this is Genre. I've never read a horror novel that didn't have some purple prose. Poe had it, Stoker had it, Dunsany had it, Lovecraft, and Chambers, and Ligotti, and now Barron have it. It's there, it's real. For some people it may be a deal breaker.
Secondly, pacing can on occasion be a little slow. Again, it tends to be better in his more recent works, but it never quite goes away. This is another thing that's fairly common to the genre.
Thirdly, a common feature of Mr. Barron's work is a kind of non-linear storytelling. He is willing and able to jump between time periods with little to no warning. Similarly he has shown a willingness to jump between first, second and third person within the same collection. This can lead to a disjointed feeling, that while fully intentional and unnerving, can be understandably off putting.
Lastly, everything is connected, Sort of. Mr Barron has made it clear that he writes in two separate universes, each of which bleed into the other. You will see characters from some stories show up in others, but there are a few inconsistencies if you look closely. The leaking, creeping, world that Mr. Barron is creating isn't an epic fantasy. Tone and atmosphere matter a lot more than making sure this side character is where this other story from 2 decades ago is where he's supposed to be.
All that said, I whole-heartedly believe that the result is worth it. When Mr. Barron is on his game, the results are spine-tingling. More than once I've barely resisted the urge to look beneath my bed just to make sure. You know, perfectly normal behavior.
So, let's get to the reviews. My rating system goes from 1 to 10. 3 I consider to be the minimum publishable quality, 5 is average, 7 is some of the best fiction I've read this year, and 10 is a masterpiece that I can't really criticize.
A special note for this review: Horror is even more subjective than most other genres are, in my opinion. What works for me may not work for someone else and vice-versa. This is my list and my preferences are reflected in that.
The Beautiful Thing That Awaits us All. 9/10.
- This I think is Mr. Barron's best book and my recommended starting point. I would go so far as to say, that if you don't like this book, you probably won't like most of Mr. Barron's other offerings. - All of the stories in here are excellent, though a a friend felt one or two were a bit on the stereotypical side. - "Jaws of Saturn" sticks out as being one of his more difficult to parse stories. - "More Dark" has a bit of a reputation in the horror community and my feelings on it are mixed. -My favorite stories from this collection are "The Carrion Gods in their Heaven", "Hand of Glory", and "Men from Porlock".
- This book is better than average, but for every story that I enjoyed there was one that I didn't connect with. This is probably my least favorite of his books. -I feel better about The Forest in hindsight, but the reading of it struggled to maintain my attention. -The best story by far was "Mysterium Tremendum", though I think the audio performance left something to be desired. -"The Lagerstatte", "Strappado", and "the Broadsword", were excellent, but didn't beat out MT. - There was nothing wrong with these stories, but I genuinely didn't like "666" and "Catching Hell". I don't know why. - Audiobook is a bit off to me.
Imago Sequence 7/10
-This was Mr. Barron's first collection, but it doesn't show it. -"Hallucigenia" is a damn Masterpiece. Pick this book up for that story if nothing else. - "Procession of the Black Sloth" is a slow story and drags in places, it's still well worth reading. Though it may seem stereotypical, it isn't going where you thing it is. Cross my heart. - "Imago Sequence" (the story) is one I didn't connect with, but I know several others that it kept up at night. Your mileage may vary. - "Hallucigenia", "Proboscis", "Shiva, Open Your Eye", "Old Virginia", and "Bulldozer" are all well paced, and fascinating.
Swift To Chase ?/10
- I am honestly not sure how to rate this. This is the most recent of Mr. Barrons collections and possibly the worst starting point you could use for getting into his work. - His prose is some of the best he has, but POV and time are played with, twisted, and thoroughly beaten black and blue. - Part of the difficulty is that while each story is a separate whole, it is also the piece to a puzzle in the last story. So multiple POV's in first, second, and third person are all weaved into a kind of twisted mess. - It's great, but messy and I wouldn't recommend starting with this collection.
The Croning 8/10
- In many ways this is the opposite of Swift to Chase. Swift to Chase was a group of short stories chained into something vaguely resembling a novel. This is a novel, written as if it were several short stories. - The 8/10 is dependent on your having read the collections. If you haven't you probably won't think of it as being very good. - This book relies on some of the world building done in Imago Sequence, Occultation, and The Beautiful Thing that Awaits us All. I recommend reading them first, and then coming back and reading this one. - Pacing dips off at times, but the first two and last two chapters are fantastic pieces of horror.
Blood Standard 8/10
- This is the first book in the Isaiah Coleridge series. This particular book has next to no horror elements. Other than The Beautiful Thing that Awaits us All, this is the only other point I would consider starting at. - This is the tightest book in the Coleridge series. At it's strongest moments it's reminiscent of Sam Spade as written by Neil Gaiman, if you lowered your expectations a notch. It's just a little more obvious than Mr. Gaiman tends to write, and the prose is a little more purple than Mr. Gaiman's work tends to be. - The plot is good, but the characters are more clever than the story is, and they can feel a little pretentious in one or two scenes. - Isaiah is one of my favorite characters in fiction. He genuinely reminds me of the Barbarian archetype from D&D but as a kind of warrior poet. It's great.
Black Mountain 6/10
- Second book in the Coleridge Series. - The prose is especially purple in this book and the next one. - This one has B plot that serves as a distraction from the main effort. It didn't tie in at all, and really felt out of place. - That said, the main event is worth reading, and the character work here is really flexing. Isaiah, Meg, and Lionel are fantastic in this book. - You get some mild horror tropes worked in here, but it never commits fully that's saved for the next book.
Worse Angels 7/10
- Third, and as far as I'm aware, last book in the Coleridge series, though I think we are getting a Novella in late 2022 - The prose goes really purple in this one, but the plot tightens up a fair bit from book two. - The horror elements are played way up in this one, for better and worse. The ending is anti-climactic in a way that is still deeply unsettling. It ends with the feeling that Isaiah barely dodged a bullet, and he isn't quite sure how he pulled it off. - I'm not entirely sure how much of the ending is getting a pass considering how familiar I am with the universe, and how much is it actually being as good as I think it is. - This is my review though, and I liked it so it get's an 7. So there.
The Man with No Name 7/10
- This is one of the uncollected Novellas. - Laird Barron switching from Olympia, New York, and Alaska, instead playing with Japanese underworld types and Mythology. - It's good, but there is some really disorienting prose here, which makes it difficult to get a good idea of what's going on in the story. I'm still holding out hope for a sequel.
X's for Eye's 9/10
- Another uncollected Novella. - Dirty Hardy Boys as written by Roger Zelazny, with Lovecraftian elements. What's not to love? - The reason it's not listed as an entry point, is it's not really indicative of the rest of Mr. Barron's work in tone. - It feels very pulpy and fun, in a way that the other books don't. - Great characters, only real criticism is that it's pacing is almost too fast. Still, it's a fantastic novella. - The audiobook came across as kind of monotone.
These are all of the stories that I've read by Laird Barron. There are two more books which have yet eluded me: The Light is the Darkness and The Little Brown Book of Burials (which was limited to a 500 copy limited run and E-book). Everything else has been in a variety of anthologies, but will likely be collected at some point in the future.
Overall, Mr. Barron has done a fantastic job with his work. He maintains a level of inclusivity that I've rarely seen in genre fiction, though given that the genre is horror they rarely see a happy ending. Still it's welcome, and his world is the most carnivorous, wet, and nasty that I've ever seen, while balancing a high brow sensibility.
Laird Barron is one of the authors that rises above genre, and becomes literature. He stands as one of the best horror authors in the business, and I welcome his future efforts.
submitted by ChickenDragon123 to LairdBarron [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 07:19 Zealousideal_Art9646 🐶 ShibPuppy | Just launched | Big marketing incoming | Based devs
Welcome to the ShibPuppy! 🐶 Are you tired of constantly losing money on reward tokens that die within a week? Well say no more because you’ve found the right place!
Based Devs ✅
4% Reflections 😍
3% To the liquidity pool 🌊
4% Goes towards marketing 🔥
2% Additional sell tax ➕
Marketing is often the most important element that sends a token to the moon! So we will not take marketing with a grain of salt. Our contract will automatically tax paper hands and send BNB to our marketing wallet, this will keep the project alive and always pushing to new ATHs!
We have already filled a private sale of 75 BNB which was open to influencers only. We will soon allocate a small portion of the private sale to the public!
Launch went fantastic, we are going to new highs since CMC listed and way more marketing is coming
We are based and have created many successful projects before that have reached the moon! 🚨
🐶 Contract Address: 0x923c3ccb8be4cff93cfb123638677eb3edd51e8d
🐶Renounced Ownership: https://bscscan.com/token/0x923c3ccb8be4cff93cfb123638677eb3edd51e8d#readContract
Early contributors will be well rewarded so stay tuned ShibaPuppy Fam and prepare for our take off to the moon! 🤍
submitted by Zealousideal_Art9646 to AllCryptoBets [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 07:19 bunniecooper I’m sending this to anyone who tags me in shit I don’t like for now on!
|submitted by bunniecooper to Xenoblade_Chronicles [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 07:19 Xiron-manX One Crazy Night 😭🤣😭
|submitted by Xiron-manX to Whatcouldgowrong [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 07:19 nottaylor- Hello hello!! I'm bringing home my first corgi this week! Any advice? 🥰
|submitted by nottaylor- to corgi [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 07:19 Even_Impact5705 Here we go, buckle up 👀
|submitted by Even_Impact5705 to SHIBArmy [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 07:19 cxcite BKKT is getting ready
|submitted by cxcite to VIH [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 07:19 victusamore Female PMO reset and help to stop fantasizing
Started in October with the goal of No MO. I didn't include porn in there as its not a major trigger for masturbation for me. I now have to do a reset as I went into a post on a porn subreddits. But doing this challenge thus far for the past 2 weeks has made me realize that porn is not my real problem. I spend WAY too much time fantasizing about sex, even without touching myself, actually not touching myself allows me to spend more time day dreaming about sex.
So as a result I've decided to do try 90 day PMO and not fantasizing/day dreaming about sex. I am wondering if anyone has recommendations on how to stop yourself from fantasizing because meditation by itself isn't working for me.
submitted by victusamore to NoFap [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 07:19 PukkaFactor UI Suggestions - Creating better usable space.
| A suggestion for giving the Recipe page more area to work with by narrowing the left and right columns and making the headers smaller. Note* There's a weird integer rounding error occurring on one of my Recipes. |
submitted by PukkaFactor to soudoughlabapp [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 07:19 Trufflebooth Theo Kidd - Believers (Dayzer Remix) [Acoustic/Folk]
|submitted by Trufflebooth to treemusic [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 07:19 Capable-Computer6268 MiniSatoshi | Bitcoin rewards ✅ NFTs - 100x Opportunity - Only 400 holders ✅ Transparent team
MiniSatoshi is a Bitcoin rewards DeFi token on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC), inspired by the mysterious creator of Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto, himself. Their first NFT collection, "We Are Satoshi" sold out in only twenty minutes. They just stealth-launched their second collection, "We Are Satoshi Freaks", on their Knights-DeFi platform; just in time for Halloween!
Check 'em out! 😉
💰 Total Supply: 1,000,000,000
💳 7% fee on transactions
💸 5% $BTC Rewards
💧 5% LP Acquisition
📈 2% Marketing
🖼 NFTs collections
❤️ Socials 👇
➡️ Pancakeswap : https://pancakeswap.finance/swap?outputCurrency=0x0e7671296cba98aba1327ce57c8d0903d6c35a6f
➡️ Renounced Ownership: https://bscscan.com/token/0x0e7671296cba98aba1327ce57c8d0903d6c35a6f#readContract
submitted by Capable-Computer6268 to ico [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 07:19 seven_critical_blows hmmm
2021.10.18 07:19 pathum1992 Bitgame
Many experts believe that the Bitgame project deserves to be the greatest in its industry. The project has a fantastic concept and a competent staff. I strongly encourage everyone to participate in this wonderful initiative.
Bitgame #LUT #Bitgame_bounty #BTC #Crypto #Sports
submitted by pathum1992 to ico [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 07:19 Ok-Climate7571 [M17] HI, IM Ahki. I am an Indigenous person, Ojibwe First Nations Warrior. I think I have a radiant smile and can brighten your day tremendously. I have alot of skills and do alot of different hobbies. I'm chaos incarnate and I'd love a super close friendship<3 I think I'm a good looking person.:)
|submitted by Ok-Climate7571 to TeensMeetTeens [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 07:19 niftgen Tokenizing your social media posts into NFTs?
I don't know if you guys have been seeing this emerging phenomenon of tokenizing your social media posts. There are platforms out there these days where you can take a photo of yourself or anything and then tokenize it in minutes. There are also those that just tokenize your Twitter posts. What do you all think about that? Would you tokenize your social media content?
submitted by niftgen to NFT [link] [comments]
2021.10.18 07:19 AardvarkFlavorBomb [OC] Cancel Netflix
|submitted by AardvarkFlavorBomb to comics [link] [comments]|
2021.10.18 07:19 MachinePata If you stopped exercising then how fast does it take your body to become lazy/out of shape?
2021.10.18 07:19 TrendingBot [TRENDING] /r/RedditSessions - Reddit Sessions (+721 subscribers today; 152% trend score)
2021.10.18 07:19 Blacky_BOOM I opened 400 classic crates.but i got only this. Im season 2 player and lvl 88 without glasier m416🥺 i never open classic crate again😢
|submitted by Blacky_BOOM to PUBGMobile [link] [comments]|